SkySafari 5 is the newest version of the world's best astronomy app!!
If you've used an older version of SkySafari, here's what's new:
1) Rewrite of the compass code for smoother and more accurate sky tracking.
2) Tonight at a Glance: the location and rise/set times of the Sun, Moon, Planets, and International Space Station in one handy view!
3) Notifications when the ISS and other major satellites will pass overhead, and when the planets rise!
4) Completely new sound effects, and a new look to the sky and horizon. A brighter, more visible Moon.
5) Object lists in the Search menu now show thumbnail images for every object which has a photograph, and also now shows their rise/set times.
6) Updated object descriptions. Every object now has a description!
7) Reworked Time Flow controls. Set the date and time directly from the main toolbar.
If you haven't used SkySafari before, here's what you can do with it.
• See an eclipse now, in the past or in the future! Simulate the night sky from anywhere on Earth many years in the past or in the future! Animate meteor showers, comet approaches, transits, conjunctions, and other celestial events with SkySafari’s Time Flow.
• Locate the Sun, Moon, or Mars from our extensive database and track the arrow to be directed to their exact locations in the sky before you. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
• Learn about the history, mythology, and science of heavens! Browse from hundreds of object descriptions, astronomical photographs, and NASA spacecraft images in SkySafari. Explore tons of NASA Space Missions!
All this is built into SkySafari 5 – no need for an Internet connection. It's a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket, puts the universe at your fingertips, and is incredibly easy to use! This app is everything the casual stargazer will ever want.
• 120,000 stars; over 200 star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies; all major planets and moons, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites including the International Space Station (ISS).
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Night Vision – Preserves your eyesight after dark.
• Google Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – choose from beautiful built-in vistas, or customize your own!
For telescope control, a bigger database, and more features, check out SkySafari 5 Plus and SkySafari 5 Pro!
SkySafari 5 is a free trial software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-12-19. The program can be installed on Android.
SkySafari 5 (version 184.108.40.206) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of SkySafari 5 since it was posted on our website on 2017-01-01.
The latest version is 220.127.116.11 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2017-06-29.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-12-19
1. Fixed crash that could happen when showing Object Info for some satellites,2. Fixed restoring in-app purchase of Orbit mode.,3. Other minor stability and functionality improvements.